Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 am

Participated in some of the greatest matches in WWF history with the likes of Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold. Also the owner of the most infamous finishing moves ever: The Sharpshooter. He was hard done by one of the worst events to happen in Pro Wrestling history which sparked a 13 year long, real life grudge : the 'Montreal Screwjob'. Long live bret hart and the legacy he left behind as, in my eyes and in the eyes of many others, the greatest pro wrestler of all time.



The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. GOAT imo, WAR THE HITMAN! Cool



Last edited by overhand right on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by seansinha on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:12 am

The Sharpshooter would be so deadly in MMA. Nobody knows how to properly apply it, though.

seansinha

Posts : 925
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 33
Location : San Jose, CA.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SeanOMatic

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:18 am

seansinha wrote:The Sharpshooter would be so deadly in MMA. Nobody knows how to properly apply it, though.

Fuck it, I'm doing it next time I'm in someone's half guard in my BJJ class

try and sweep THIS, MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAAA




overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by Isaac Haze on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 am

Best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

Isaac Haze

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 31
Location : Cali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by True MMA FAN on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Isaac Haze wrote:Best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.
And that is the truth. Brett was right when he said that. GOAT, no doubt.

True MMA FAN

Posts : 278
Join date : 2010-07-04
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by thearmofbarlow on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 pm

I was actually never a fan of the Hitman. Even though he was supposed to be a face his cocky attitude annoyed the shit out of me. It took ECW giving me an appreciation for guys like Jerry Lynn and RVD to get me really appreciating just how fucking good Hart was, and is. Best ever? Man, that's an eternal debate... one which I think deserves a new thread...

thearmofbarlow

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-07-02
Location : Grapevine, TX

View user profile http://thearmofbarlow.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:51 am

shame how his time in the wwf ended. vince mc mahon really fucked brett over in survivor series '97. there was a documentary made about brett's career called 'wrestling with shadows'. one of the best documentaries i've ever seen, it really gave an insight into pro wrestling that had never been shown before. i'd advise anyone who's a wrestling fan to watch it on youtube, the whole thing is up there. here's a scene from it which deals with the montreal screwjob thing, nostalgic stuff!


overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by jjrdias on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:12 am

Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Everyone got what they wanted:

. The Mr. McMahon character was born
. Shawn got massive heat
. Bret went to WCW firmly on the spotlight

And now they're saying Bret might induct Michaels into the Hall of Fame.
Strange turn of events... Or maybe not.

jjrdias
B26355

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 am

jjrdias wrote:Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Everyone got what they wanted:

. The Mr. McMahon character was born
. Shawn got massive heat
. Bret went to WCW firmly on the spotlight

And now they're saying Bret might induct Michaels into the Hall of Fame.
Strange turn of events... Or maybe not.

Nah I don't think so. The way he went out in the WWF meant a lot to Brett and he wanted to do it with dignity and his head held high in front if his home crowd.

At the time the WWF was in trouble and Vince didn't want to risk Brett bringing the belt over to WCW and making a mockery of the WWF. So he set him up and made it so he'd lose the belt to Michaels before he left. It might have even been payback for Brett leaving the WWF to go to a rival company.

Proof it wasn't a work: Brett punched mc Mahon in the face and he was visibly black eyed in an interview a day or two later. And more importantly than anything, the Montreal screwjob was substantial proof that pro wrestling is a show and not 'real' in the sense that a lot of fans back then truly believed it to be. What would WWF have had to gain from manufacturing a storyline that proves the fights are fixed?

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by CanadianAssault on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 am

I got to meet brett hart 16 years go or so.

CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Posts : 5456
Join date : 2010-07-05
Age : 18
Location : http://www.global-mma.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:40 am

CanadianAssault wrote:I got to meet brett hart 16 years go or so.

Surprised Do tell..

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by R3D on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:41 am

I laughed so hard when this guy died falling from some rope trying to do some stunt.

R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Posts : 3712
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 29
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:59 am

R3D wrote:I laughed so hard when this guy died falling from some rope trying to do some stunt.



1. That was his brother

2. Learn some fucking respect for another human being who left behind a family, friends and thousands of fans after he died.

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by jjrdias on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05 am

overhand right wrote:
jjrdias wrote:Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Everyone got what they wanted:

. The Mr. McMahon character was born
. Shawn got massive heat
. Bret went to WCW firmly on the spotlight

And now they're saying Bret might induct Michaels into the Hall of Fame.
Strange turn of events... Or maybe not.

Nah I don't think so. The way he went out in the WWF meant a lot to Brett and he wanted to do it with dignity and his head held high in front if his home crowd.

At the time the WWF was in trouble and Vince didn't want to risk Brett bringing the belt over to WCW and making a mockery of the WWF. So he set him up and made it so he'd lose the belt to Michaels before he left. It might have even been payback for Brett leaving the WWF to go to a rival company.

Proof it wasn't a work: Brett punched mc Mahon in the face and he was visibly black eyed in an interview a day or two later. And more importantly than anything, the Montreal screwjob was substantial proof that pro wrestling is a show and not 'real' in the sense that a lot of fans back then truly believed it to be. What would WWF have had to gain from manufacturing a storyline that proves the fights are fixed?

Come on... McMahon had outed the business years before so he didn't have to answer to athletic commissions anymore... Why do you think it's called WWEntertainment?

jjrdias
B26355

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:19 am

jjrdias wrote:
overhand right wrote:
jjrdias wrote:Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Everyone got what they wanted:

. The Mr. McMahon character was born
. Shawn got massive heat
. Bret went to WCW firmly on the spotlight

And now they're saying Bret might induct Michaels into the Hall of Fame.
Strange turn of events... Or maybe not.

Nah I don't think so. The way he went out in the WWF meant a lot to Brett and he wanted to do it with dignity and his head held high in front if his home crowd.

At the time the WWF was in trouble and Vince didn't want to risk Brett bringing the belt over to WCW and making a mockery of the WWF. So he set him up and made it so he'd lose the belt to Michaels before he left. It might have even been payback for Brett leaving the WWF to go to a rival company.

Proof it wasn't a work: Brett punched mc Mahon in the face and he was visibly black eyed in an interview a day or two later. And more importantly than anything, the Montreal screwjob was substantial proof that pro wrestling is a show and not 'real' in the sense that a lot of fans back then truly believed it to be. What would WWF have had to gain from manufacturing a storyline that proves the fights are fixed?

Come on... McMahon had outed the business years before so he didn't have to answer to athletic commissions anymore... Why do you think it's called WWEntertainment?

was still WWF back in them days, it was when they became the WWE that they fully embraced and were up front with the fact that it is simply that, entertainment. too many kids were breaking their necks trying to recreate moments from their favourite wrestler's matches and of course there was the issue with the other animal wwf which stunted brand recognition somewhat.

I just saw it as mc mahon trying to protect his business and take away all the momentum he could from bret before he went to the company that had the WWF on the ropes at the time, WCW. bret is a pretty upstanding individual who prides himself on personal integrity, being part of a work is one thing but this thing went on for 13 years. no way would he lie about it for so long. he probably only came back in 2010 for the money and to patch things up with vince and wwe. many things are a work, but i refuse to believe that this was man.

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by jjrdias on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 pm

overhand right wrote:I just saw it as mc mahon trying to protect his business and take away all the momentum he could from bret before he went to the company that had the WWF on the ropes at the time, WCW. bret is a pretty upstanding individual who prides himself on personal integrity, being part of a work is one thing but this thing went on for 13 years. no way would he lie about it for so long. he probably only came back in 2010 for the money and to patch things up with vince and wwe. many things are a work, but i refuse to believe that this was man.

Fairplay. I'm convinced it was, but everyone's entitled to his opinion.
By the way, as much as i'm a fan of Bret's, i wouldn't go around praising his integrity, the guy cheated on his wife nonstop.

jjrdias
B26355

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:49 am

jjrdias wrote:
overhand right wrote:I just saw it as mc mahon trying to protect his business and take away all the momentum he could from bret before he went to the company that had the WWF on the ropes at the time, WCW. bret is a pretty upstanding individual who prides himself on personal integrity, being part of a work is one thing but this thing went on for 13 years. no way would he lie about it for so long. he probably only came back in 2010 for the money and to patch things up with vince and wwe. many things are a work, but i refuse to believe that this was man.

Fairplay. I'm convinced it was, but everyone's entitled to his opinion.
By the way, as much as i'm a fan of Bret's, i wouldn't go around praising his integrity, the guy cheated on his wife nonstop.

He had a messy personal life so I won't pass judgement there but I always liked the way he conducted himself as a professional and how he really cared about the fans.

So many awful things have happened with wrestlers just losing it...Chris Benoit for example, I couldn't believe that shit actually happened. Neutral

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by R3D on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:19 am

overhand right wrote:



1. That was his brother

2. Learn some fucking respect for another human being who left behind a family, friends and thousands of fans after he died.


LOL!

R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Posts : 3712
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 29
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 am

R3D wrote:
overhand right wrote:



1. That was his brother

2. Learn some fucking respect for another human being who left behind a family, friends and thousands of fans after he died.


LOL!

why are you even here?

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by R3D on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 am

Just working on my sambo. My posting contract with Team Takeover allows me to do K-1 and Sambo, while fighting 3x a year in MMA, under the Team Takeover Banner.

no big deal, bro.

R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Posts : 3712
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 29
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by CanadianAssault on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 am

overhand right wrote:
CanadianAssault wrote:I got to meet brett hart 16 years go or so.

Surprised Do tell..


I use to live in in a small little town here in BC, and Brett was visting his family or friends or something no idea but any how the kids of that family or friends told me brett hart was in the area and I went there and I don't remember much but he had long hair tho and I was told it was brett hart and I think I talked to him but I was like 6 or 8 or something so it was along time ago.

CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Posts : 5456
Join date : 2010-07-05
Age : 18
Location : http://www.global-mma.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by overhand right on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 am

CanadianAssault wrote:
overhand right wrote:
CanadianAssault wrote:I got to meet brett hart 16 years go or so.

Surprised Do tell..


I use to live in in a small little town here in BC, and Brett was visting his family or friends or something no idea but any how the kids of that family or friends told me brett hart was in the area and I went there and I don't remember much but he had long hair tho and I was told it was brett hart and I think I talked to him but I was like 6 or 8 or something so it was along time ago.

That's still pretty awesome, he was always good to his fans. I think I might buy his book.

overhand right

Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-12-11
Location : Dublin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by Hollywood Dang on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Bret is the no 1 of the German fans, you can't imagine how they runned wild when he walked in the arena last november (on the tour in cologne, i was there).

Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Posts : 3920
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 32
Location : de hood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by blueyedsamurai on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:04 pm

ill admit i despise pro wrestling theses days as i got older and extremely attractive.

When i was a young boy he was my favorite in wrestle mania on sega megadrive

blueyedsamurai

Posts : 4599
Join date : 2010-08-31
Location : Australia, Goldcoast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Tribute

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum