Boma Ye! ~ Shinsuke Nakamura Appreciation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boma Ye! ~ Shinsuke Nakamura Appreciation Thread

Post by IQ Wrestler on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:09 am

Best current pro wrestler on earth and the man who is almost single handedly keeping Strong Style alive

All hail the Hangyaku No Boma Ye!!

In fact professional wrestling is strong. - Kazushi Sakuraba
"Tiger Mask did more for mma than Dana, the fertitas, Coker" - mongolianchop
"An unfair world is sometimes unfair to even the most stunning creatures of this earth" - DieOff on Masato
"Because we are not hitting each other, we are hitting the fucking stupid people in the world who think that pro-wrestling is fake like a trained monkey show." - Yuki Ishikawa
"Id like to fist fight IQ Wrestler- mostly because i want to take his pimp cap, but also because I want to fight a Japanese guy before I die." - Hooli

IQ Wrestler
Kick•Submission•Suplex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boma Ye! ~ Shinsuke Nakamura Appreciation Thread

Post by The Last Emperor on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 am

This thread is great.last few weeks. i got really into to J-Pro wrasslin' or puroresu ? Its really complicated.

Whahts up with all NJPW , IWGP, NOAH, IGF, Zero1 etc. ? They all seems co-promot each others. On the wiki look Wrestle Kingdom II ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_4_Dome_Show ) Kurt Angle vs Yuji Nagata - Singles match for the IWGP Third Belt Championship ???

Third ? whats this is mean. And Its all J-wrasslin is shoot ? And whasts is shoot mean exactly ? Puroresu = shoot ? In Puroresu we have a weekly show too ?

And you know the way for how am i watchin this shows ? I mean any engilish sub or something ?

ps : whats the gimmick off Nakamura ? Drunk ?

The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQ Wrestler on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Wow ok....

This thread is great.last few weeks. i got really into to J-Pro wrasslin' or puroresu ? Its really complicated.

Yeah it's Puroresu

Whahts up with all NJPW , IWGP, NOAH, IGF, Zero1 etc. ? They all seems co-promot each others.

IWGP isn't a group it just what NJPW call their belts and yes co-promotion and talent swapping are very common in japan

On the wiki look Wrestle Kingdom II ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_4_Dome_Show ) Kurt Angle vs Yuji Nagata - Singles match for the IWGP Third Belt Championship ???

The IWGP tile history is pretty complex but there is only 1 active IWGP title. the "IWGP Third Belt Championship" just mean it's the 3ed version of the belt.

Third ? whats this is mean. And Its all J-wrasslin is shoot ? And whasts is shoot mean exactly ? Puroresu = shoot ?

A "Shoot" means a real unscripted fight so MMA = Shoot. Puroresu is still predetermined like WWE but the matches are not as choreographed and they use a much more physical & realistic style.

In Puroresu we have a weekly show too ?

Shows are running everyday in Japan but there is no Puroresu equivalent to a Raw or Smackdown....so no not really

And you know the way for how am i watchin this shows ? I mean any engilish sub or something ?

Unfortunately Puroresu is still not readily available but youtube and various forums like puroresufan.com can keep you as up to date as possible

ps : whats the gimmick off Nakamura ? Drunk ?

Laughing no he has no real gimmick to speak of, he's just a rebel badass

In fact professional wrestling is strong. - Kazushi Sakuraba
"Tiger Mask did more for mma than Dana, the fertitas, Coker" - mongolianchop
"An unfair world is sometimes unfair to even the most stunning creatures of this earth" - DieOff on Masato
"Because we are not hitting each other, we are hitting the fucking stupid people in the world who think that pro-wrestling is fake like a trained monkey show." - Yuki Ishikawa
"Id like to fist fight IQ Wrestler- mostly because i want to take his pimp cap, but also because I want to fight a Japanese guy before I die." - Hooli

IQ Wrestler
Kick•Submission•Suplex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks bro. Watchin promo of Shinsuke Nakamura vs Yoshihiro Takayama. Theyre trainin in gyms. Sandbags etc. There's no scenario & full contact right ? Shoot = strong style ?

Yesterday im lookin some sites. And learn about it Road King little bit. WWE version ( Americsn version ) puroresu? More mic, brawls, scenario and no real contact like strong style ?

The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOff on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 pm

The Last Emperor wrote:Shoot = strong style ?

Shoot = 100% Legit

Strong Style would basically mean WORKED SHOOT

As in appearing to be Shooting (legit), but actually predetermined (pre-determined)

"A Shoot in professional wrestling is a term that refers to any unplanned, unscripted or real-life occurrence within a wrestling event."

"Worked-shoot is the term for any occurrence that is scripted by the creative team to come off as unscripted and therefore appear as though it were a real life happening but is, in fact, still part of the show."

DieOff
Devout Miley Worshipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOff on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Strong Style is indeed more of a style though, think Shoot Wrestling. Except this Shoot Wrestling is being done in the confines of a worked shoot (aka) in the context of professional wrestling. Not MMA.

DieOff
Devout Miley Worshipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top